Bullying is a very upsetting thing to happen to anyone, to say the least. It is so damaging to the victim. There are 4 main categories of bullying. I will be highlighting each one over the course of the week. The first one I would like to talk about is teasing. Teasing, put another way, is verbal violence and girls especially, are very, very good at doing it. It is mostly related to how you look, your sexuality and the level of social acceptance of the victim. The teasing includes the following: name calling, harassing and insulting, verbal demands/threats, doing something when the target/victim walks past like rolling the eyes and of course, cyber bullying which includes texting, internet and email.
This usually happens on a regular basis and is so hurtful to the victim!
- Cyber Bully Victims Often More Depressed Than Aggressors (health.usnews.com)
- If Schools Can’t Stop Bullying, Should Parents Step In? (education.change.org)
- Cyber-bullying victims most depressed (ctv.ca)
- Bullies Break 11-Year-Old Boy’s Arm Because He’s a Cheerleader (gayrights.change.org)
- Online Bullies Change Perception of Who’s Most Depressed (livescience.com)